Praise for Last Year, Prayer for This Year
As the old year ends and the new year begins MEMO likes to take stock of what was accomplished and what we hope to accomplish next year with God’s direction and empowering.
- January 2014 MEMO Team moves the Shalom Clinic closer to readiness for opening, by installing telephone system, equipping doctors examining rooms, setting up central supply room.
- June – Shipping a container of beds and other hospital equipment to Saldana Hospital in El Salvador.
- July – Shipping the Ambulance to the Shalom Clinic along with a digital X-ray machine.
- August – Shipping the Mobile Mammography Clinic to Shalom.
- October – Erwin Stuka arrives at Shalom to install xray machine. Eduardo arrives to facilitate MEMO projects in El Salvador. MEMO provides pickup truck for Eduardo’s transportation needs.
- November: On short trip to Cuba Jerome arranges to work with Cuba Council of Churches in providing assistance to Seniors. Collaboration with Matanzas Paediatric Hospital to supply needed equipment and supplies.
- Ruthann Robinson and husband Darren, to go to Shalom Clinic to set up clinical laboratory.
- Ship a container to Matanzas Paediatric Hospital
- Ship a container to Cuban Council of Churches with mobility aids, incontinence products and other supplies for Cuban Churches to supply to seniors.
- Ship a container to El Salvador containing: Pipe for La Presa hand rail project along with generator and welder; 67,000 bowls of dehydrated soup for Amilat after school teaching program for disadvantaged kids; and a lot of other needed supplies.
- Steve Weibe to teach one week course for community health workers and ambulance attendants.
- Following this Eduardo will lead a Canadian team of up to 8 people to assist in building La Presa hand rail and Health Care/Community/Chapel/Centre.
- Build a community Health Care Centre in Cecilia’s Tultepegue and create bicycle repair shop and sewing shop in Cecilia’s container.
- Ship a container to Metapan Hospital in south east El Salvador. This will contain all the equipment and supplies to restore this run down 50 bed hospital.
- Ship an ambulance to Cecilia’s community of Tultupeque.
- Dr Aurora Riera goes to El Salvador and gets the Breast Screening program up and running
- Wound care nurses Karen and Lori go to Cuba to hold 5 wound care seminars across Cuba for care givers of the elderly.
- Sponsored by the Council of Churches of Cuba.
These are the things we are working towards for next year.
We appreciate your prayers and financial support as we move forward seeking only to know God’s will and the power to carry it out.